JOIN OUR TEAM
Our team is growing! If you have a passion for creativity and commercial video production, we'd love to hear from you.
Please fill out the basic information below and email us your resume and cover letter!
Company Name: Cold Box Films
Compensation: Salary + additional commission
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Cooper Spaulding - Owner/Director and Tracey Spaulding - Writer/Producer
The Associate Producer and Editor will help see client projects from the very beginning to the very end. From conceptualizing to hiring talent all the way to putting the final edit together. The Associate Producer and Editor will be an integral part in helping our clients grow and succeed through the use of high quality video content.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Associate Producer and Editor will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations.
- Help develop scripts, screenplays, and call sheets.
- Conceptualize various client projects with the team.
- Casting actors, actresses, and other forms of talent.
- Planning and purchasing of set props.
- Edit videos including importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
- May contribute as a Grip, PA, or other role on set (project and skill dependent).
- No formal education needed - skill and quality of examples of work will be valued higher than educational achievements.
- Minimum of 2 years in the video production industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic concepts and techniques of video production as well as marketing/advertising.
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X (knowledge of After Effects helps too).
- Organized, self-starter, and driven.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage one's time very well.
- Demonstrate a high level of self-direction and strong desire to achieve results.
- Experienced in putting together various production documents including; scripts, screenplays, and call-sheets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.