JOIN OUR TEAM
Our team is growing! If you have a passion for creativity and commercial video production, we'd love to hear from you.
Please fill out the basic information below and email us your resume and cover letter!
Company Name: Cold Box Films
Position Type: Per Project Basis (with opportunity to advance into a part-time or full-time position)
Reports to: Cooper Spaulding - Owner/Director and Tracey Spaulding - Writer/Producer
The Video Editor will work exclusively in the post-production of a client's video content from importing files all the way to crafting the final story within a well-organized timeline.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Video Editor will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Edit videos including importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
- May contribute as a Grip, PA, or other role on set (project and skill dependent).
- No formal education needed - skill and quality of examples of work will be valued higher than educational achievements.
- Minimum of 2-years in the video production industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic concepts and techniques of video production as well as marketing/advertising.
- Must be live within a 10-mile radius of Lansing, MI (for ease of data transfer)
- Must have access to a laptop or desktop.
- Must have access to video editing software.
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X (knowledge of After Effects helps too).
- Organized, self-starter, and driven.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage one's time very well.
- Demonstrate a high level of self-direction and strong desire to achieve results.
- Experienced in managing film data.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.